Thursday 3 July 2014

McBusted: Matt and Dougie on boobs and drugs


Matt Willis has confessed he still thinks about alcohol and drugs ‘every single day’ but said he is glad to leave his addictions in the past.

The 31-year-old, who has gone into rehab three times, told Guilty Pleasures he would have been an addict even if he hadn’t found fame.

‘Sometimes you have a romanticism about the past and stuff but you know that was the past and it’s the past for a very good reason,’ the McBusted star said. ‘And I am constantly reminded of that every time I wake up.’

The singer – married to TV beauty Emma Willis, 38 – also put his substance abuse problems down to his personality and not his success in mid-noughties punk band Busted.

‘I would’ve ended up the same way if I was an accountant or if I worked in Tesco. It’s the way I am,’ he said.

‘Maybe because I had a bit of money that allowed me to progress quickly. But I don’t think me being in a pop band or anybody being in a pop band puts you in a position where you have to go off the rails. It’s very much on the person and what that person chooses to do.’

The star will join the other McBusted boys – James Bourne, Tom Fletcher, Danny Jones, Harry Judd and Dougie Poynter on stage for the Barclaycard Presents British Summer Time in Hyde Park on Sunday – but it won’t be the last of the supergroup.

Poynter, 26, explained they are already working on new material – which means McFly’s planned sixth studio album is on hold.

‘We had an album ready to go but we spent too much time mixing it and then thought “Sod it. Let’s do the McBusted thing!” But we might use songs from that and Matt and I have been writing about boobs!’ the cheeky lad laughed.

Confirming the saucy new tune, Willis added: ‘We wrote a little song about boobs, which is fantastic. It is an appreciation song, more than anything.’

[Originally published Metro, Guilty Pleasures, Thursday 3 July 2014]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.