Tuesday 22 July 2014

Danny O'Donoghue jealous of The Script bandmate anonymity


Danny O’Donoghue says he is envious of the anonymity his fellow The Script bandmates enjoy as he can’t enjoy life’s temptations so freely.

The brooding 33-year-old Dubliner would be easy to spot on the streets after being placed in the spotlight thanks to his coaching position on mainstream TV show The Voice.

‘They can drink and smoke every night if they want but I can’t because I’m the f***ing lead singer. I’m totally missing out,’ O’Donoghue told Guilty Pleasures, comparing himself to guitarist Mark Sheehan, 38, and 34-year-old drummer Glen Power.

‘I can’t do that s*** every night. So I’m jealous for a lot of different reasons. The day the band finishes, I’m going to start another band and become the guitarist,’ he said mischievously.

Having left The Voice after series two last year, O’Donoghue says he is not worried about the band falling back into obscurity without a Primetime show to provide added exposure.

‘The show had an amazing reach and was an amazing platform but it wasn’t like I was on it every week saying “Buy The Script’s records” or singing our songs,’ he said.


‘We announced we were going to do a Google Hangout last week and we became the number one trend worldwide on Twitter, so I really don’t think we’ll have a problem getting the news out.’

[Originally published Metro, Guilty Pleasures, Tuesday 22 July 2014]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.