Friday 25 July 2014

Karen Gillan talks naked selfies and kicking ass in Guardians of the Galaxy



Karen Gillan wants to assure everyone that an apparent naked selfie that went viral online is not what it seems.

The 26-year-old red haired beauty can be seen covering her modesty in an online snap that is taken from her upcoming US TV show - also called Selfie.

'I didn't post the naked selfie. It's just a screen grab from the TV show so I want to get that straight so my mum can know that,' the Scottish star giggled at the European Premiere of her new film, Guardians Of The Galaxy.

Gillan says she relished letting out her bad side in the new movie as she plays intergalactic villain Nebula in the Marvel action adventure.

'It's really fun to indulge that side of things. I've never played a baddie before and she's just a total sadist and has men in headlocks. That is fun,' she said.

She also explained she followed the no pain no gain adage while training for the film, but doesn't mind suffering for her art.

'I was covered in bruses consistently the whole time. It was a challenge for me becasue I've never done anythihng so physical before so I had to work out four times a week and do martial arts training so I can throw a good punch.'

Dazzling on the red carpet in a Louis Vuitton outfit, Gillan also said she is more than happy to fight co-star Zoe Saldana on-screen, but says she can't compete with her when it comes to the style stakes.

'I'm not taking on Zoe Saldana in a frock off,' she laughed.

'She is amazing! She would always win.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.