Friday 4 July 2014

Ella Eyre in bus crash horror


Ella Eyre got quite the scare when she 'dodged death' in a crash on her way back from Glastonbury festival.

The 20-year-old pop babe was forced to cancel a planned appearance at an Irish music festival when her tour bus was written off.

But she managed to escape in one piece after being rudely awakened by the drama.

‘I didn’t even know we crashed – I was asleep!’ the If I Go singer revealed to Guilty Pleasures in an exclusive chat.

‘I woke up when I slid off the seat. I was in the living room with my band and everyone was chilling with laptops and stuff and suddenly the bus halted really quickly,’ she continued.

‘My keyboard player flew over the table, over two people, banged his head against the door and landed on the stairs. It was horrific. But he was alright in the end.’

The husky voiced Londoner insisted her bus driver was not at fault for sending her tumbling to the floor.

‘What happened was this woman had turned out to do a 360 because she was stuck in traffic and she didn’t look to see if anyone was coming and the bus had no time to stop. I dodged death!’ she said.

Eyre – able to laugh about the accident now she's safely back home – is hoping for better luck when she hits the road this weekend.

She is on the bill at the Wireless festival - performing in London today and in Birmingham on Sunday.

And the singer - whose real name is Ella McMahon - said her audiences can rest assured that she will give her all each time she gets on stage.

‘I will never mime. Anyone who comes to my shows will hear that my vocals are real. Mainly because I am out of breath half the time!’ she laughed.

[Originally published Metro, Guilty Pleasures, Friday 4 July 2014]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.