Friday 16 August 2013

The Naked & Famous: We want to be known for more than just Made In Chelsea soundtrack


Indie punk pop band The Naked and Famous have revealed they want to be known for more than simple providing the title music for E4’s hit show Made In Chelsea.
The New Zealand band – fronted by indie rock babe Alisa Zayalith – are best known in the UK for their 2011 tune Punching In A Dream which played over the title credits of the reality show.
‘We would want to be known for more than just soundtracking Made In Chelsea,’ Alisa told Guilty Pleasures during an exclusive chat, adding: ‘There’s more to us than just that single.’
However the singer did confess that she finds the show something of a guilty pleasure herself.
‘I ended up watching all the episodes and I become a little bit of a fan,’ she said through guilty blushes.
‘I don’t think we’d ever want to be in it and I feel terrible even talking to you about it, but I think all these TV shows are so ridiculous and so far removed from reality.’
‘There are other things going on in the world that are far more important than watching that – and I tell myself I should really read a newspaper instead.’
With the band gearing up for the release of their new album – with the lead single Hearts Like Ours out in the UK next month – the band will also soon be back on the road having spent the best part of the last year recording in LA.
‘I was recovering from laryngitis and I think that was the first show I had done after three days of not speaking,’ Alisa said, recalling the first time she ever performed in the UK at London’s Borderline back in 2010.
‘I was walking around with a pen and pad and we just hoped we’d make it through that Borderline show. So if I made a good impression, I’m satisfied.’
The Naked and Famous second album, In Rolling Waves, will be released on September 16.
[Originally published Metro Guilty Pleasures 15 August 2013]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.