Tuesday 13 May 2014

James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender revel in X-Men roles


James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender have delighted in the fact they play young versions of Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen in the latest x-men film.

Fassbender, who plays a you Magneto - played also by Mckellen - confessed he stalked the older actor online to perfect his part.

'I did study Ian Mckellen. I found something on YouTube which was a workshop back in the 70s for the RSC which was about 10 minutes long.

'I thought I'd watch that as I didn't want to ask him how to do my acting,' he said. Meanwhile McAvoy took a more jovial approach to working with Patrick Stewart.

'It's terrible to have Patrick on screen. This is my film now and I want it back!' he laughed. 'The next one I want all for myself. It's been amazing.'

He also believes the X-Men series owes it's success to keeping the story-lines relatable.

'Most super heroes have super problems, X-Men have very human problems. They're being punished for being different and that relates to so many,' he said.‎

Meanwhile, with the World Cup coming up, McAvoy risks being rejected by his homeland after confessing he will support England in Brasil.

'‎I will actually - and I know that hurts a lot of Scottish people that any Scotsman would back England, but I do,' he revealed.

[Originally published Metro, Guilty Pleasures, Tuesday 13 May 2014]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.