Monday 12 May 2014

Aaron Taylor-Johnson military fit in Godzilla


Aaron Taylor-Johnson says he’s still not as heroic as his on-screen characters despite undergoing military training for his blockbuster role in Godzilla.

The hunky 23-year-old revealed his hellish rehearsal regime as he stepped out for the flick’s red carpet premiere in London last night accompanied by his leather-clad wife Sam Taylor-Johnson, 47.

‘It was very exciting,’ said the father-of-two, who is seen skydiving and fighting giant beasts in the Hollywood monster movie.

‘I’ve been on military tanks, trains with missiles, we jump out of helicopters. I did actually jump out of an aeroplane, but it was still on the tarmac.’

The star told how he received intense military training for the film role in which he plays a bomb disposal expert.

‘I did quite a lot of the stunts involved and there was an amazing team. I had a marine guy who I worked with closely on the movie. I got used to the equipment and learnt to fire rounds,’ he explained.

‘And I got used to the military lingo they use – it’s like a boys club.’

[Originally published Metro, Guilty Pleasures, Monday 12 May 2014]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.