Tuesday 5 August 2014

Prides eye up Kylie at Commonwealth Games Closing Ceremony


Stewart Brock of Glaswegian indie rockers Prides says he would be too intimidated to date Kylie Minogue after sharing the stage with her at the Commonwealth Games closing ceremony.

The 25-year-old frontman fears the media storm that would surround dating the Aussie beauty would overshadow any possible romance.

‘I’m not sure if I could date her. I mean, she is a babe, obviously, but I’m not sure I could do it. The pressure would be too much,’ the Messiah singer said.

Brock did add that he regretted not asking Minogue one question when he had the chance after they sang together at Hampden Park.

‘I wanted to ask her where she gets her hotpants. I feel that could be my new look,’ the singer joked.

Referencing 46-year-old Minogue’s famously pert derrière and youthful looks, Brock said he and bandmates Lewis Gardner and Callum Wiseman couldn’t believe the In To The Blue’s singer is now 46-years-old.

‘We were all looking up how old she is – that sounds terrible, doesn’t it? But we were trying to guess. She does look incredible. She must do her squats!’ he said.

However Minogue can rest easy as Brock explained he has his eye on another famous pop singer for a date.

‘I’m saving myself for Katy Perry. I wouldn’t want to scupper my chances. All her tunes are great and she is a total babe. What’s not to love?’ he asked.

Having wowed the crowds at the Glasgow Games ceremony – plus one billion viewers around the world – Brock revealed he took the ‘House Party’ theme of the closing ceremony literally and partied with mates the night before.

‘I was at a mild house party which was maybe not the best idea the night before the Closing Ceremony. But I recovered in time,’ he laughed.

[Elements of this article appeared in Metro, Guilty Pleasures, Monday 4 August 2014]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.