Monday 14 April 2014

Marc Webb praises Amazing Spider-Man cast


The Amazing Spider-Man director Marc Webb has praised Jamie Foxx for his electric performance in his superhero sequel.

The 39-year-old genius behind the camera says Oscar winner Foxx, 46, is unbeatable when it comes to mixing comedy and gravitas in a performance.

‘Jamie Foxx is incredible!’ the director gushed at the UK premiere of the sequel in which Foxx plays villain Electro.

‘Getting to work with someone like Jamie is incredible because he can do comedy so well; the goofy playful thing that we love from the comics – you should ask him to do his Michael Jackson impression that he did in Times Square. But there is a pathos and a depth and a gravitas that he can do too and I like him walking down that pathway.’

And Webb has plenty more compliments for his cast – including Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone.

‘I’ve been working with Andrew and Emma so long and it is so much fun to have them on set doing those scenes between Peter and Gwen. I always watch that back on the monitor and think I’m so lucky and I’m a fan and that’s really special,’ he said.

Having attracted fans due to his 2009 indie rom com (500) Days of Summer, Webb hopes he can return to non-superhero action on the big screen in the future, but admits it might be some time before he can work on anything else.

‘My head is so in Spider-Man right now, it’s difficult to think outside of that, but I think I’ve still got a few years left in me,’ he said.

‘We are working on Spider-Man’s 3 and 4 but we need to sit down and recalibrate and try to figure out how to impress and enthuse people.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.