Sunday 30 September 2012

RILEY KEOUGH


“I hate that!” squeals Riley Keough of the moment it comes to dress up and take to the red carpet. “It’s my least favourite part,” she confides.  Having won the role of Marie Currie in The Runaways, however, red carpet premieres are something the young actress will surely get to grips with. A former model, daughter of Danny Keough and Lisa Marie Presley and therefore granddaughter of Elvis, Keough is very excited about The Runaways – her first foray into acting.  Though the film revolves around the lives and antics of a band (Keough plays twin sister of The Runaways’ lead singer Cherie Currie – played by Dakota Fanning), the fact that her first film has a music theme is purely coincidental.
    “I definitely have a connection to music and I love music a lot, but professionally I love acting and I’m passionate about it as a career,” she says. And although Keough may have famous family credentials, she definitely worked hard to get the part. “I auditioned for it and got a call back and then another call back and then screen tested and then got the part,” she beams. “It was my first audition.”
 















[Originally published in Wonderland Magazine Issue 22, April 2010. Photography Kenneth Cappello]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.