Sunday 30 September 2012

JENNIFER LAWRENCE


“We broke down a door together – which is a great bonding moment for anybody,” says Jennifer Lawrence of her scene with Jodie Foster, who she was directed by and acted with in upcoming comedy The Beaver. But working with such established actors like Foster and Mel Gibson (who plays the lead in The Beaver) is something Lawrence takes in her stride. “I never felt intimidated,” she says of her famous co-stars. “You see [Foster] in Taxi Driver and you know she is other-humanly, but when you meet her it is impossible to be star struck because she doesn’t act different or weird at all. I can go and film movies with Mel Gibson and Jodie Foster and Charlize Theron – that’s my job – and then I come home and have my normal life.” 
    Although Lawrence emphasises she would not let her acting career define her as a person, she can’t see herself doing anything else. “I don’t feel like I had a choice. I grew up in Kentucky, where being a movie star in LA doesn’t really enter the mind as a possibility. But when it started becoming real it was like, ‘That’s why I love attention so much and study people and record everything they do.’”
















[Originally published in Wonderland Magazine Issue 22, April 2010. Photography Kenneth Cappello]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.