Sunday 30 September 2012

MICHAEL ANGARANO


Although he has been acting for a large part of his life, acting is a profession Michael Angarano arrived at by chance. “My mother owns a dance studio and there was a photographer taking pictures for her clothes book and they ended up putting me in front of the cameras because the model didn’t show up. Turns out I was very photogenic,” he laughs. A child modelling contract with Ford Models followed, which led onto commercials and television with the transition to the big screen in 2000 with Cameron Crowe’s Almost Famous – and all by the age of 11. Since then Angarano has worked with directors David Gordon Green and Jared Hess, and is currently working with Steven Soderbergh on his latest project Knockout. He will also be playing the love interest to Uma Thurman in Max Winkler’s Ceremony.
    “I would probably be going to school for something – I don’t know what,” Angarano says when asked what he would be doing if he hadn’t followed the acting path. “I didn’t really find myself to be the best student even though I was reasonably smart,” he ponders. “I’m not disenchanted. I am extremely lucky.”
 















[Originally published in Wonderland Magazine Issue 22, April 2010. Photography Kenneth Cappello]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.