Friday 27 May 2011

Har Mar Superstar


Har Mar Superstar (a.k.a Sean Tillmann) has thrilled crowds the world over with his sexually charged performances and next week returns to inject ecstatic delight into the dancing feet and underwear of the British public with his Dark Touches tour.  Wonderland talks to the singing sensation to find out where he has been in the five years since his last album, and what we can expect from the upcoming tour.

Describe your music in five wordsBrutal, sexual, amazing, rhythm + blues

Dark Touches is your first album in a few years – have you missed the music scene?I have been making a lot of music with other projects like Sean Na Na and Neon Neon.  Even if I didn’t do all of that I would never miss the music scene… or any scene for that matter.

What were your influences for the new album?I was influenced by vodka, weed, Lost, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and sleep for Dark Touches.

And indeed, is there a particular person you would like to “touch”?I bet you’d like to know so you could make it the headline of the article.  OK.  Here goes… I want to touch God.

According to Wikipedia, you wrote Tall Boy for Britney Spears but she turned it down – would you ever want to duet with her?Of course I’d want to duet with her, are you crazy?  That would rule.  Anyone who can take that much abuse and come out on top the better person rules in my book.  Plus Slave 4 U and Toxic are truly amazing jams.

You have collaborated with various people already – who were the highlights and who else would you like to collaborate with?I’d like to collaborate with Kylie at some point.  Also, Mike Patton.  I’ve had a lot of good times in the studio with a lot of great people, but I’d rather look ahead than behind.

You’re also in Drew Barrymore’s film, “Whip It” – did you enjoy the experience of making the film and will you be involved in more films in future?Whip It was amazing to be a part of.  It was just a lot of fun girls getting wild on roller skates.  I don’t think it could get any better than that.  I plan to appear everywhere all of the time, so more films are definite.

You’re touring the UK from the end of the month – where are you most looking forward to performing?I think the only place I haven’t been on this next tour is Carlisle.  Let’s see what happens there.  I’m excited.  The UK is a second home of sorts, so I’m excited to get back to everywhere.  I have to say I get really excited when I drive into Scotland.  Edinburgh and Glasgow will be amazing.  I also love London (duh), Brighton, and Cardiff.

Winter is upon us – can we still expect to see you on stage in just your pants and socks?We’ll see.  I did just get over swine flu.  H1N1 is brutal.  I guess I’m invincible now, so I don’t see why I wouldn’t party in my underwear.

You seem to have a knack of making out with a high proportion of your watching crowd – can we expect similar results from the new tour?It depends how bad people want it.  They have to be into but not desperate.  That always feels wrong to me… like I’m stealing someone’s virginity.  Actually now that I read it on paper it sounds amazing.

Har Mar Superstar’s current album Dark Touches is out now.  His UK tour starts on Sunday the 29th November at the Oxford O2 Academy.  Full tour details and tickets are available here.  

[Originally published on wonderlandmagazine.com/blog, November 2009]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.