Friday 22 November 2013

Joel Compass: Make love to my music and Harry Styles should go solo



Joel Compass is hoping to become the soundtrack to the nation’s bedtime antics after his debut track Run became a hit on the airwaves.
The 20-year-old singer songwriter revealed his mates have already been getting their rocks off to his seductive beats.
‘One of my friends texted me the other day and was like “mate – she loved it.” And I was like “she loved what?” And he was just saying she loved it,’ the rising star told Metro.
‘I was confused and didn’t understand what he was saying, but then he said “we’ve done it to your music!” Why did you have to tell me that? But apparently she loved it so that’s good.’
The Londoner now likes the idea of the getting the whole nation horny and chuckled: ‘There could be some babies being named Joel!’
However the sexy undertone of his music has a simple explanation.
‘When I make music a lot of the time I have the idea of a girl listening to it in my mind. I think that is why my tracks end up like that – because that’s all I’m thinking about and she’s the subject of the song,’ he explained.
Compass – who is hotly tipped to rule the charts in 2014 – has written music with Rita Ora and Girls Aloud’s Nicola Roberts, produced a track for John Legend, and reckons One Direction’s Harry Styles could make it big as a solo act.
‘I went for dinner with Harry Styles and we got on really well. He’s such a down to earth guy and we both like Pink Floyd,’ he said.
‘He could go solo for sure. He could do that, 100%. Although I don’t know why he would do that now because [One Direction] are working so well together.’
Should Hazza ever decide to quit 1D, Joel hopes he will be the one he’ll call up to create some unique tracks.
Stepping up to the plate he said: ‘As a producer or if I was I were going to write for him I would 100% do it.’

[Originally published Metro, Guilty Pleasures, Wednesday 13 November 2013]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.